Getting your car tuned up will optimize your vehicle's performance. It also increases fuel efficiency. When you need auto tune-ups in Richardson, drive into A-1 Quality Transmission & Auto Repair. We will fix every part and system of your car so that it drives like new. The fuel system, ignition system, computer system and emission system will work together in perfect harmony.
Our first step will be to find out whether there are any existing or potential problems. This is done using computerized diagnostic equipment. If there are any worn parts, they will be repaired or replaced before we embark on tuning up every other part.
Auto tune-ups in Richardson focus a lot on the engine which is the heart of the vehicle. An engine that is in good condition will keep your engine running smoothly. It will also ensure efficient fuel consumption improving gas mileage by an average of 4% which amounts to savings of about 16 cents per gallon. It will also lengthen the life of your engine and ensures potentially expensive repairs and replacements and reduce emissions.
Auto tune-ups at Richardson at A-1 Quality Transmission & Auto Repair consists of the following;
1) replacing spark plugs which go into the cylinder head to perform the function of delivering spark current to the combustion chamber.
2) inspecting the fuel-system components of the engine to ensure that the fuel filter is clean and not clogged. If it is clogged, the fuel pump will be checked to ensure that it has not been damaged. The fuel injectors will also be inspected for deposits and grime.
3) Replacing the vehicle's points and condenser, if this applies.
4) Checking the ignition timing and adjusting it if necessary.
5) Checking the PCV valve in the engine.
6) Checking coolant and oil levels.
7) Analyzing emission levels.
Why get auto tune-ups in Richardson?
Tune-ups are an important part of periodic vehicle maintenance. It is generally recommended that one is done at the interval recommended by the manufacturer. The vehicles you usually drive and individual driving habits are also a factor. You can also come into A-1 Quality Transmission & Auto Repair for auto tune-ups in Richardson when there is one or more persistent or serious problems with your car. This includes lower gas mileage, odd noises coming from the engine, loss of power or the 'check engine' light coming on. Book an engine analysis and auto-tune up as soon as possible before problems become really serious.